Pharmaceutical Engineering Laboratory
Our research is focused on finding of novel bioactive compounds which can provide as candidates for the drug development. Based on our understandings of the molecular mechanism of the targeted diseases, we explore the seed agents for molecular targeting anti-cancer drugs, anti-neurodegenerative drugs and functional bioactive ingredients for cosmetics and dietary supplements, derived from natural resources or our originally designed synthetic compounds. Our research is therefore ascribed to pharmaceutical sciences including wide range of technics of synthetic organic chemistry, natural product chemistry and molecular cell biology.
Our research topics are:
- Design and synthesis of bioactive compounds.
- Exploratory investigation of anti-cancer agents.
- Exploratory investigation of bioactive products for cosmetics from natural products.
- Identification of biological functions by using bioactive compounds.
- Innovation of new technology for drug discovery.